Log in



Maine Alliance for Road Associations


  • 23 Sep 2020 4:19 PM
    Message # 9260402

    A question regarding taxation. Our road association obtained an EIN when we were an adhoc association. Are we required to file tax forms and furnish 1099’s to the contractors we hire to snowplow and work on our roads? And if filing is required, is it done at the end of our fiscal year?

  • 26 Sep 2020 10:13 AM
    Reply # 9266444 on 9260402
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

    Your recent questions would all be excellent ones to ask the two attorneys who will be speaking at the MARA Conference next weekend.  Maybe if you get answers from them, you can share them with us here on the forum.  Meanwhile, I believe that as a statutory association you are not required to file - the contractors are responsible for filing.  If you were a non-profit, that might be different, but I am not involved with a non-profit so I couldn't tell you how that would work.  Perhaps someone else can address that.

                            The Maine Alliance for Road Associations

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software