Log in
Log in



Maine Alliance for Road Associations

Liability Insurance Classification

  • 11 Nov 2012 8:44 AM
    Message # 1134631
    Deleted user
    I am looking for information on what insurance code we should be insured under? We have been getting quotes from different insurance agents and the premiums vary significantly. The agents are using different insurance class codes to come up with the different rates. The codes that we are currently insured under, Class #68500 & 73441 Townhouses and Condominiums, is much higher than the new quote with a different agent which uses Class code #48727 Streets, roads highways and bridges. 

    We are an established road association with approximately 3 miles of road, some owned, some maintained right of ways. One area is a causeway with lake on both sides that is used as a boat launch. We have about 88 members .

    I would appreciate any input I can get on this complicated issue.   
  • 24 Nov 2012 9:07 AM
    Reply # 1144815 on 1134631
    Regarding your question, our road association has general liabilty insurance which covers the Association plus Officers & Directors in the amount of $1,000,000 and is listed as BUSINESS OWNERS COVERAGE. It is Classified as 48727. Our premium is very affordable. Good luck.

                            The Maine Alliance for Road Associations

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software