Log in



Maine Alliance for Road Associations

Assessing town for lot on lake

  • 24 Jun 2013 7:48 AM
    Message # 1325579
    Out town has a right of way on our road to the lake.   can they be assessed a road maintenance fee and how would this be done??  Who in town would receive meeting announcements??
  • 25 Jun 2013 9:33 AM
    Reply # 1326530 on 1325579
    Anonymous member (Administrator)
    Is the right of way called a "public easement?" In that case, they can't be assessed. There have been big issues with public easements and the matter has been before the legislature a lot. There may be changes in the law, and MARA is keeping in touch with the issue and will post if and when there are results.

                            The Maine Alliance for Road Associations

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software